- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 4 cloves of fresh garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 ounces of Parmesan cheese (I use aged Manchego because I am allergic to dairy)
- 1 teaspoon of anchovy paste
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon mayo (Spectrum makes a good canola Mayo)
- ground black pepper (to taste)
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt (can be omitted for those with blood pressure issues)
Add anchovies and eggs to the oil-garlic mixture and blend until creamy. Add the lemon juice and pepper (and salt if you chose) then blend and add cheese (Parmesan or Manchego, etc.). You may want to taste it to see how you like it so far. Then add the mayo and mustard and blend once more.
Spoon over romaine lettuce with croutons and chicken and top with more cheese if you choose!
p.s.- want to know a fast way to make croutons? Toast gluten-free piece of toast and shred it into bite sized pieces!