Sunday, March 6, 2011

Birthday Cupcakes

Baking for someone with Celiac Disease requires a lot of experimentation. Once you find something you tend to stick to it. I remember the first few celebrations after I was diagnosed - not all my creations were edible by the end of the baking process. Fortunately, I was blessed enough to have a friend make me cupcakes for my birthday that were gluten-free, dairy-free, and soy-free. Not a very easy combination! She used Bob's Red Mill chocolate cake mix and added an extra egg. The icing was Pamela's chocolate icing in the bag but it was a little runny. However, the combination tasted heavenly, so I would recommend the recipe again and again! Below is a picture:

1 comment:

  1. I made the icing with dairy free butter. The recipe calls for 6 Tbsp of butter and 4 Tbsp of water. I used only about 3 1/2 of water. I probably could have used less. I think it is the dairy free butter that made it less cohesive. However they were very delicious!

    ReplyDelete