Wednesday, November 2, 2011

November Product of the Month

I think one of the hardest things about being gluten-free, soy-free, and dairy-free is finding baked goods that don't taste dry, grainy, or like they are going to fall apart with the first fork placement. As I was strolling in the grocery store the other day (actually, I was wandering and my husband was doing the shopping) I literally almost ran into a fridge full of French Meadow gluten-free goods! (Seriously, though, I cut the corner too quick and almost hit my shoulder on the edge.) The first the that caught my eye was the gluten-free tortillas because I need more if I am going to make more sweet potato and black bean burritos. However, as it dawned on me that the whole refrigerator was gluten-free a little tiny box caught my eye. I had to stand on my tiptoes to see what was inside but it was worth the effort.

It was the cutest little cake! Not only was it gluten-free but it was dairy and soy-free too! The best part? It came with a coupon!

As soon as we returned home, I was very tempted to have my dessert first and my dinner afterward, however, my husband  made sure that I dined in the right order. The serving size is 1/3 of the cake and with good reason, it contains a lot of fat, so be aware of that fact. The cake did not crumble and the icing was soft. The first bite was amazing and it only got better from there! The bread portion was soft, not too heavy, and tasted just right! I am thrilled to know that for special occasions (or maybe times when I crave a slice of cake) I have a tasty new option!

No comments:

Post a Comment