Saturday, February 4, 2012

Go Red Day

How did you show your support for National Go Red Day? Did you wear something red in order to raise awareness? Here are some pictures from my day. I was surrounded by some amazing people who were more than happy to celebrate National Go Red Day! My throat was a little sore when I woke up that morning so I stopped at Walgreen's to pick up some cough drops but I kept with the them of the day!
I normally go for the mint flavored but today, I chose cherry!

Me with the fabulous Nurse Liasons at work

My team at work rocking the red!
Of course, our telemetry tech dressed up for Go Red
I was incredibly proud of my team for showing their support in raising awareness for Heart Disease. They work so hard everyday to provide their patients with the best care but they really made an effort to show their level of commitment. I was excited to end the day by spending some time with Vivian Deitz-Clark, a survivor of heart disease and one of the faces of the Anchorage Heart Association Go Red campaign. Together, we interviewed on the news to raise awareness for Heart Disease. Vivian told her amazing story and I was there to answer any medical questions the anchor may need answered. I was honored to be invited to spread the word. I will try to get the video clip as soon as possible and post it.

Just remember that February is National Heart Month so keep up the energy and spread he word!










No comments:

Post a Comment