Healthy Oatmeal Cookies (with Honey)
- 1 cup gluten-free flour (a pinch more depending on the moisture of the mix)
- 1 1/2 cups of Bob's Red Milled Old-fashioned Rolled Oats (smaller flake is ok too)
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 Tbsp Cinnamon (I actually use about 3 Tbsp--got to love cinnamon)
- 1/2 tsp Nutmeg (optional)
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/2 cup oil (corn, grapeseed or olive) * you can also use some applesauce to replace some of the oil if you wish* I prefer grapeseed oil over olive or corn
- 1 Tablespoon Molasses
- 1 egg (beat with 1 Tbsp Water)
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- In a large bowl, mix all the dry ingredients together.
- In a medium bowl, mix all the wet ingredients together. Hint: when measuring out the honey, spray the measuring cup with oil or baking spray--your honey won't stick).
- Mix the wet stuff with the dry stuff. Add the raisins or chocolate chips if you want. If the mixture seems too wet, add a bit of flour. If it isn't binding together very well, you may wish to add an egg white.
- COOL the mix for 20 minutes in the fridge.
- Preheat the oven to 335 degrees (lower temperature due to the honey in the recipe which will burn more easily).
- Drop by teaspoonfuls onto your baking sheet (I recommend lining the baking sheet with parchment paper). Press down with a fork to ensure even cooking.
- Bake for about 15 - 20 minutes or until golden on the bottom of the cookie. The cookies freeze very well and make a great snack! Enjoy!