Monday, August 13, 2012

2012 Heart Walk

Dear Friends and Family,

Did you know...

  • that 1 in 3 Americans have some form of cardiovascular disease?
  • that heart disease kills more women than all forms of cancer combined?
  • that 36,000 babies are born with heart defects each year?
My grandfather, Durwood, was taken from me when I was 13 because of heart disease and my other grandfather, Mark, suffered a stroke two years ago. Both my grandmothers have undergone heart surgery due to cardiovascular disease as well. This issue is very personal to me.
To fight this epidemic, I am participating in the 2012 Anchorage Heart Walk on 09/15/2012 (47 days away!) and raising funds to support the American Heart Association and eradicate heart disease in our community.  I am honored to have the chance to serve on the Executive Leadership Team for the Anchorage Heart Walk this year and I am excited to see how amazing this event will be!
Please support my fundraising efforts with a contribution! Click this link to go directly to my personal fundrasing page where you can give a secure online donation.

Your contribution will support the American Heart Association's work to fund groundbreaking heart and stroke research.  Please support me with a donation today. I hope I can count on your help!

Thank you!

Brandy

 
PS. Ask your HR department if your company has a matching gift program.  After you make your donation, fill out your employer's matching gift form to double your donation!

No comments:

Post a Comment