Thursday, April 19, 2012

Gluten and Allergy free at Chicago O'Hare

Sometimes traveling, especially by plane, can be stressful for someone with dietary restrictions. I have been living with Celiac Disease for over 4 years now and I still get a little anxious about traveling long distances because its any one's guess as to whether there will be anything that I can eat. I typically pack a banana, apple, protein or nut bar, and a bag of carrots just to make sure I don't get too hungry. Living in Alaska, it takes 4 hours just to get to Seattle so, even the closest big city is still too far away and way too long to wait to eat.
Recently, however, I was pleasantly surprised to find something in the Chicago O' Hare Airport that made my belly extremely happy! I was headed to the E & F concourse toward terminal 2 and I usually stop at this little natural food kiosk called CIBO. They've always had fresh fruits, veggies, and allergy friendly snacks there for me to grab and go. This time though, right next to it, was an new kiosk called Argo Tea. I had never heard of Argo Tea before so, I went to check out what they had in their little cooler in front of the coffee bar. I know the odds are not good they will have something I can eat but, a girl can always hope! As I surveyed the list of offerings sure enough, there were several healthy (and yummy) options laid out in front of me!
 
Most of the options were not only gluten free but vegan, dairy and soy free! They were low calorie and healthy as well. What more could a girl ask for? I ended up picking up the Chickpea salad. It was fabulous!
Thanks Argo Tea for helping make airport travel a little easier!

No comments:

Post a Comment