Friday, April 20, 2012

Join me May 12th in Atlanta!

Before John and I moved to Alaska, I lived in Atlanta, Ga with my family. I was born a southern girl and I adored living in Georgia. Atlanta was my home for almost 10 years before we moved. I went to school at Emory and that's where I got my undergraduate and graduate degree in Nursing.  It was also where I was diagnosed with Celiac Disease. So, when Jennifer Harris, the program coordinator of the Atlanta Gluten Intolerance Group (GIG) called me and asked if I would be visiting home anytime soon, I was happy to tell her that I would be home in May. Jennifer then asked me to be a guest at their May GIG meeting and of course my answers was yes! Jennifer is the same woman who organized the Atlanta Gluten Free Expo in October which my mom and sisters loved!
I am looking forward to meeting everyone and sharing my story. Watch for photos and a post after I visit them on May 12th. If you're in the area, stop by and join us! I will be hanging out with the group from 10-12pm at Scottish Rite (Children's Healthcare of Atlanta)

Here is the link to their page: GIG of Atlanta


No comments:

Post a Comment